The garage is probably not the first area of the home that most people think about. It’s usually used as a workshop, junk room, storage area, or a place to park the car. The reality is that most garage doors are old, rusted out, or just cranky regarding their operation. A new roller shutter not only adds sales value to your home but also some pretty slick functionality.
Modern Garage Door Ideas
Roller shutter doors in Cambridge are available at affordable prices and come in a wide range of modern styles to suit just about any taste and level of décor. The best part of a new garage door is that they do not come in only one style. Here are some features of modern garage roller doors:
- Automatic doors: These roller doors feature a motorised system that can be remote controlled. This is ideal for seniors or for those who want to add a touch of convenience and class to their home.
- Insulated: Lots of people use their garage areas as offices or extensions to their home. The problem is that many garages do not feature any insulation, so they become too hot during the summer and too cold during the winter. The good news is that a new garage door can be installed which features a layer of inside insulation. This effectively means that it becomes another wall and can be transformed into a more comfortable and usable area.
Some Advice on Looking after Motorised Garage Doors
As much as automatic garage doors add a touch of class to any home, they do need some maintenance to operate efficiently. Here’s some sage advice on looking after and maintaining your motorised garage door:
- Grime and dust: Because this type of garage door features a track and motorised component, it’s highly essential to ensure that dust, dirt, and grime do not become lodged in these areas. The best way to ensure that this does not happen is to perform regular visual inspections and clean out any cobwebs, dust, or other buildups of grime and dirt.
- Batteries: Lots of people forget that their remote control requires batteries to function. If the motor is not responding to the press of the remote button, it’s a good idea to first check the batteries and change them before calling out a technician.
- Clutter: It is also crucial to ensure that the sensors and the motorised area are not obscured by clutter. The garage can quickly become a junk room, and even workshop areas are prone to become a bit full and untidy. Keeping clutter away from the garage door, including the remote sensor areas and the motorised tracks will ensure that the door operates smoothly.
One of the first parts of the home that any visitor or potential buyer sees is the garage door. Too many homeowners live with roller doors that are old, cranky, and hard to use. A modern garage door will not only increase a home’s sales value and make a good impression but will also become a highly functional and convenient part of any house. You can take a look at the pinterest.com website and see plenty of advice on maintaining your garage doors.