Water damage needs to be handled with much urgency as it may cause serious problems including health disorders and property damage. Excess moisture encourages the growth of black mould and other harmful organisms. This hugely increases your risk of being sick since mould has a toxic effect on indoor air quality. If you have allergies or asthma, your symptoms might be aggravated by mould exposure, particularly in children or persons with weakened immune systems. More so, you may end up developing other respiratory diseases after prolonged exposure to black mould. Flood damage restoration In Toronto is a big issue.
Water damage destroys a lot of things and can eventually cost you huge sums of money to restore the condition of your basement. Therefore, ensure that you seek emergency restoration services as soon as you notice flooding in your home or business building. Many different companies are available to offer such services in Toronto. They are just a phone call away!
Water Damage Categories
Water damage exists in three different categories. These includes:
- Category One: This is overflowing water from clean sanitary sources like faucets, drinking fountains, and toilet tanks. If immediate action isn’t taken category 1 can quickly progress to category 2.
- Category Two: This is gray water with some contaminants that may cause discomfort or illness if swallowed. Sources include washing machine or dishwater overflows, and toilet spill over with some urine.
- Category Three: This is the worst classification, and it’s grossly unsanitary. The liquid is often called black water and includes sewer backup, toilet overflows with feces, and liquid water that supports bacterial growth.
What to expect from a water restoration company
When the water restoration company reaches you, the engineers and technicians will try to locate the source of floods and stop it as quickly as possible before it spreads to other places. This will involve repairing the walls and roofs. It might also include fixing pipes or blocking the primary source of the floods. Either way, the water restoration company should prevent the floods from damaging your property. If the damage is gradual, the technicians will utilize probes and infrared sensors to locate the source of water and devise the best way to deal with the issue.
From here, the technicians can then commence calculating the extent of damage as well as the cost to you’ll have to incur. This information will be used to provide you with a rough quote. The flood damage restoration company will then:
- Clear the area and move out all items from the affected area
- Dispose items that can’t be saved like porous items
- Remove the stagnant water using submersible and specialized truck mounted pumps
- Dry all items using air scrubbers and dehumidifiers
- Clean all items using antibacterial and disinfectants for a healthy home
- Make repairs and reconstruct damaged structures by repainting walls, fixing leaks, and retiling.
- Educate you on how you can prevent flood damage
- Move your stuffs back in
Why hire our Flood Damage Restoration services in Toronto?
We, as an industry leader, use modern, large fans, digital pumps, and wet vacuums to dry your indoor surfaces as well as carpeting. Our technicians will:
- Pull up all carpets and items, but salvage all that they can.
- Try to restore all your belongings like books and furniture.
- Thoroughly clean the affected areas that can breed the growth of mould.